Ekpang Nkuwko is a local Nigerian Efik pottage dish, made with ground cocoyam (taro) and a discretionary water yam. The ground yams are enveloped by sweet potato or cocoyam leaves and cooked in palm oil with onions, meats, dried fish and periwinkles.Ekpang Nkukwo is likewise one of the customary delights of the Efiks and Ibibios. Made with cocoyam and little wateryam, this supper is savored by numerous and contains the essential classes of nourishment, the flavor and taste are brilliant mouth-watering.
- 1kg Cocoyam, stripped, washed and ground
- 100g Wateryam (discretionary), stripped, washed and ground
- New Cocoyam leaves,Spinach or Pumpkin leaves
- 500g Meat, Goatmeat,Snails or Fish (discretionary)
- 6 cups of Stock
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 300g Dried Fish
- 200g Stockfish, somewhat cooked
- 3/4cup Crayfish
- 2 cups of prawns or shrimps
- Bean stew Pepper to taste
- 3 Maggi Cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium estimated, Onion bulb
- 2 cups Palm Oil
- 5 cups Shelled Periwinkle (discretionary)
- 2tbsp fragrance leaf, cleaved
- Cut the meat in reduced down pieces, season with salt, Maggi, and onions and cook until delicate. ensure you have at any rate 2 to 3 cups of stock from the hamburger. to use in cooking this dish.
- Strip Coco yam with a sharp blade, stripping ceaselessly from your body cautiously draw the paring blade down the body of the yam, being mindful so as not to expel a lot of the yam in during the procedure.
- Search for any ruined spots, for example, wounding and staining, in the Cocoyam as you strip. Evacuate the spots away with the tip of the blade.
- Cut into huge pieces and wash quickly to avert staining and leave them in cool water until prepared to utilize.
- Heartbeat the cocoyam in a nourishment processor with until puree or utilize a grater to grind the cocoyam. Daintily salt and put in a safe spot.
- Wash leaves and attack medium pieces, ensuring there are no tears or openings in the leaves.
- Oil an enormous pot with about ½ cup of palm oil. Put in a safe spot
- Scoop a tablespoon or so of ground cocoyam blend onto a leaf and wrap firmly (to frame the state of fingers) ensuring the cocoyam isn’t standing out.
- Mastermind wrapped cocoyam fingers in the oil pot around leaving a gap in the center. Rehash until cocoyam blend has been totally spent.
- In a different pot heat around 7 cups of water to the point of boiling.
- Include slashed onions, crawfish, fish, meat, salt, pepper, bouillon 3D shapes, palm oil, and nation onions to the pot.
Give it a chance to stew for around 10 minutes, there ought to be no mixing now until the greater part of the ekwang solidifies include around 1/2 cup of meat stock to forestall any consumes.
At that point after ekwang solidifies include pretty much all the meat stock on the off chance that you have any with around 3 cups water or simply utilize 4-6 cups of boiling water or more to the pot and give it a chance to cook on medium warmth for about an hour until completely cooked.
You may add more water to counteract consumes.
Blending ought to be kept at the very least to counteract the ekwang from getting soft.
Change for ekpang consistency with water, salt and pepper.
Enjoy your healthy delicious food and must remember to give us feedback in comments.